Hello my fellow miscreants,
Today’s blog is dedicated to the gentleman on the motorcycle who shared the road with me today. There were a couple of things I think he should be aware of.
1) I loved the Harley hard tail with the chopped forks. The chrome engine and the tuned pipes, the stencil work on the Jet black tank, even the curved 1 piece retro handle bars – all were put together in perfect order. The bike is truly a work of art.
2) It’s May, the last week in May perhaps, but its May none the less. That means that while Mother Nature has started to take her medicine, her mood is far from stable!
3) Those grey things in the sky, there called clouds. And while I know that our state is ‘semi-Arid’ it also is “semi-wet’ when those ‘cloud’ things are covering the sun and have been leaking all day – wet is pretty much the only option.
4) When you see cars in front of both of us throwing 4 foot waves into oncoming traffic and into the lane next to them, your time to remain dry is very limited. … I don’t know if you thought somehow the 6 cars crawling in front of us would slash all of the water away, or if you just didn’t think about it.
5) When I pulled as far from you as I could, I didn’t realize the water was deeper over there, enough that my little car threw a wave taller than its own roof. Heck I could have hit the top of my jeep with that wave.
6) Trying to pass me on the right when I am traversing a water hazard, probably not your best idea of the day.
On the bright side, you now have an excuse to re-polish all that chrome, and the bike was sort of still running after your dunking. All that puddle water is going to make those jeans and shirt just smell wonderful. Probably wished you were wearing a jacket, & helmet but that wouldn’t have been as cool!
And FYI – maybe next time just stay a car length behind!